Thank you so much beautiful. This really made my day.
If I get 10 “voice”s, I (the mun) will record myself voice acting the character I roleplay.
How to reply to an RP (an aid for super-ultra-tumblr-babies who we all were once)
Okay, first you’ve got to find the thing you’re replying to. So:
You see this? Now type your username into the tag box:
Click on the one that says “search”, not “blogs”. This will take you to all things tagged with your username.
You’re going to see a page of things you’re tagged in. To reply to a post, go to the bottom of the post and hit the reblog button (looks like a rectangle with arrows):
Now, you’ll see something that looks like this.
BEFORE YOU START YOUR REPLY, make sure to convert it into text (so you can read the whole thing!). Here’s how:
Click on the little hyperlink button (looks like an infinity symbol), and click the “text” option.
Now you have a beautiful text reply! You’re all set to reply to your partner.
When you finish your reply, remember to be nice and tag your partners - this helps them find your replies.
To do that, just type their username (or tracked tag) in the tag bar at the bottom of the reply:
And then you just hit reblog and you are DONE!
Other useful things for new RPers:
- If you see ”((…))” or ”//” on messages/tags, it means that the rper is speaking out of character.
- Mun: Short for “mundane”, shorthand for author of the character.
- Muse: Character that someone writes as.
- OC: Original character, or a character not in a pre-established universe.
- OOC: Out of character. Usually a tag, another way of indicating that a person is speaking as themselves and not the character they’re portraying.
- Shipping: Meaning to pair two characters together, usually meant romantically but also can be a friendSHIP or any other kind of relationSHIP.
- AU: Alternate universe, meaning that, if someone is working within a pre-established universe (i.e. Marvel, DC, Supernatural, etc) they aren’t strictly following the rules/story of that universe.
- Multi-ship/multi-verse: Means that they won’t have one strict storyline on their blog/won’t have a single pairing with another player that they choose.
- blah!blah: The “!” indicates a character having a certain attribute, like a werewolf!asshole means that the asshole is currently an asshole. Often occur due to magic!anons.
- Magic!anons: some RPers do them, some don’t, but it’s when you put a prompt in your ask and someone (anonymously or not) tells you to do it. These are often simply called prompts if they’re not specified as being anonymous.
- Starter: A post that starts a character interaction, or thread.
I’m sure there’s much more to learn, but that’s the gist of it. If you (s)tumble across anything else that you don’t get, ask a partner - anyone on here will be happy to help. Hope this helps you get started, and happy tumbling!
Online and ready for some birthday action! Unfortunately the big day has been 99 levels of shit-tastic, so I guess I’m really here for a pick me up.
So, want to RP anyone? Also off to roll in the drafts.
I’ll be on later tonight to do replies, once I get off my eight hour work shift. Whew, finally will have time after this crazy weekend.
On a similar note, happy birthday to MEEEEE ~~ finally turned twenty!
See you guys in a bit. Stark out.
To those I have threads with:
…. I’m finally, finally, breaking into my replies (they’ll be posted throughout the day I’m sorry I’m crap) and… I can’t find most of them. Please help me. I am a lost puppy.
Pros to ship with me
Our ship is probably gonna be rly cute
Cons to ship with me
- I’ll talk about it all the time
- I’ll give you what ifs and how woulds all the time
- I WILL SQUEAL AND TALK IN ALL CAPS TO YOU EVERYTIME SOMETHING BAD/GOOD HAPPENS TO THEM
- I will think of AUs and share
- I will make playlists of them a lot
- It will always have pain and tears
- Probably will have to ask for 983454858645794 threads
I don’t see any cons here this list lies
RPers: Reblog if you are 18 or older
This means you are legal in the US and won’t have anyone else arrested for smutting with you if that is so.
So, just please reblog if you are.